NexGuard - PayTV
NEXGUARD – PAYTV
Today High Definition screens are the natural choice for television viewing and, when at home or while traveling, consumers now expect high quality HD content to be available. For PayTV providers and hotel chains there is a sizeable revenue opportunity by offering HD content in an early release window. However, this premium content may have a potentially higher risk for leakage due to improved copying capabilities by devices such as HD camcorders. To date there has been no solution to plug this ‘analogue hole’.
NexGuard – PayTV uniquely watermarks content delivered to individual PayTV subscribers and hospitality TV screens. Whenever PayTV content is accessed or distributed, NexGuard – PayTV embeds imperceptible identifying data - a watermark - into the video in realtime. Even after severe quality degradation - such as scaling, cropping, compression and camcorder copying, pirated content can still be traced back to a specific PayTV subscriber. NexGuard – PayTV is designed for integration in set top boxes, TVs or Video on Demand (VOD) servers. NexGuard – PayTV embedded watermarks have been reviewed for imperceptibility and robustness by experts.
- Enables content providers to confidently offer HD and early release content for PayTV and hospitality which is typically at higher risk of piracy
- Robust, scalable solution for forensic watermarking of content delivered to consumer devices
- Imperceptible to the human eye
- Watermark remains detectable after camcorder copying (‘analogue hole’) or severe quality degradation
- Small footprint client side and high speed VOD server watermarking solutions
- Provides discrete separation of watermark layers for operator ID and subscriber ID
- Solutions for satellite, cable, DTT and IPTV distribution, supports linear broadcast VOD, NVOD, Push VOD and in home re-distribution
Read more about the technology on our audio and video watermarking page.